Friday, January 1, 2010
It's official...I'm ringing in the New Year by finally creating a blog. . First I want to do a quick recap on 2009. I may have decided that 2010 is going to be my year but 2009 was my year of 1sts (some good, some great, some not so good, some not so great)...
1. Stitches-I had an incident at a bridal fair which involved a very clumsy individual or someone trying to sabotage our booth. Either way it involved lots of broken glass and a pretty nasty cut on the back of my thigh, thus...first stitches!
2. Graduating-Ok so not a first for me and technically I graduated in August '08, but thanks to a late submission of a grade from a teacher, my diploma makes me a proud graduate in April '09.
3. Death- I have known very people who have died and even in those experiences I have not been close to the individual who died, but my Punkin (Dad's Dad) died this year and it was really the first time I have had to deal with death in my life. I remember how he used to always tease us about when he was a little girl, how he let us play with the new baby chicks, and how grateful I will always be to him for baptizing me.
4. Work- My first Valentine's and Mother's Day being in charge, it was crazy and stressful, and I may have been a zombie for lack of sleep, but I got through them and love the girls that work for me!
5. Transportation- After way too many incidents and repairs with my previous car, I decided to finally get my own. I love love love it! 2006 electric blue Mini Cooper! It has been the source of a lot of fun drives with very loud music, lessons for sisters who are learning to drive a manual, and many more things to come.
6. Roadtrips/Trips- While I was in school, I had a lot of very good friends, however, I don't feel that I really took as much time as I should have to just do what I want and have fun. Well, this year was the year for a few very random, quick trips that I plan to do many more of in the future. I got to visit Chelsea in Denver. I made a surprise visit home to STL for my birthday along with one for our annual summer Lake of the Ozarks trip and another one for Christmas break. I drove to Arizona with Liz for a quick weekend trip to get out of town, see her family, and Selena Gomez in concert. Another quick trip to Wyoming with Gentry and co to go camping/white water rafting.
Overall-it was an excellent year. I have realized I have so much to be thankful for. I have a family who is so supportive and loving and friends who have become my home away from home. It really has been an amazing year with so many fun moments to recap on. I'm excited to start the new year off with another 1st with this blog and can't wait for my year 2010.