Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Only in dreams

I have been doing a little bit of research in to dreams recently and am finding, when it comes to this, I really am a child because of my lack of knowledge on the subject. I took Psychology at BYU but must have been in a dreaming state during any discussion that happened on dreams. I found this quick blurb online and have found it very interesting...back up, this research and sudden interest is coming from the fact that I'm starting to dream (I know technically we all dream-I've just never remembered mine) and the subjects, themes, and setting of my dreams have been verrrry intriguing to me. Some seem to have no significance at all, but on pondering I realize they areweighted to the things and people I care about, the things that I want the most, my routines on a daily basis, and the things that I am uncertain about and thus create fear. Anyways, here's the quick excerpt...

Although dream dictionaries give meanings to dreams and various ways of dream interpretations exist, dream psychology believes that the association between objects dreamt and their meanings is subjective. What is indicated by a particular dream depends on what the dreamer associates the elements of his dream with. It is suggested to write down your dream and decipher what each of the constituent of the dream conveys. It is important to understand what you associate with a particular thing you dreamed of. The thought or emotion that you get in relation to a certain color, object or a person in your dream, can serve as a clue to interpret your dreams. After having a dream, you can make its write-up, identify your psychological associations with the dream images and link all of them. More than what the elements of your dream symbolize, it is about what the elements mean to you.

Cool, right!?!? And I've found it's absolutely true. The last little while at work has either been slow or insanely busy and so I've had those still moments to kind of analyze and see what my dreams mean to me...as I've been counseled before though, I think I should write them down because the wide range of dreams I've been having and I want to remember them. This is not going to happen on my blog. Those of you who know me know that I'm not really a big talker/sharer on personal information. I much prefer to listen and help-which is probably another reason why I slack writing on my blog. I want to hear about all of you and just give small updates about myself along the way. Also because some of the dreams have been very personal or shaking-so this isn't really the forum I want to do that...but maybe one or two will come out along the way. Jeffrey and I actually discussed one the other day and were trying to analyze it-just know it involved me being a very important part of the lives of every member in the Will and Jada Smith family (Jada, Jaden, Will, and Willow. That one was pretty entertaining! Anyways...to end on a lighter note and a song from Cinderella (in my head I hear Chloe singing it...)

A dream is a wish your heart makes
When you're fast asleep
In dreams you lose your heartaches
Whatever you wish for, you keep
Have faith in your dreams and someday
Your rainbow will come smiling thru
No matter how your heart is grieving
If you keep on believing
the dream that you wish will come true

No comments:

Post a Comment