Sunday, May 30, 2010

We are the World

I feel like this week has been great! I worked more than I wanted to but I had some serious highlights throughout the week. The biggest highlight was Special Olympics. I had the chance to go with Carly, Kyshel, Raegan & Joey, and Jake and volunteer on Friday. I purposefully took off the morning so I could go. Best decision ever! We got to go and cheer and hang out and dance in the beautiful weather with people who could lift the spirits of anyone around them. I had a overwhelming number of declarations of how beautiful I was and then kind requests if I would be their girlfriend. I had to leave for work eventually and then went back for the dance with them that night, and even though I ended up having a very long day, I felt completely energized & would love to do that again next year. (Pictures to come-Kyshel had the camera).

And just a little thought. I got to be a part of 2 amazing lessons today. Kath gave a great one in my ward and I visited Carly's really quick to hear her lesson. Kath shared a great lil poem/thought thing that her Nana had shared with her when she graduated from high school and I loved it so I'll just post that and be out, but it's just made me think that even though my life is not always in order, I'm doing pretty good because of the things/people/thoughts I surround myself with. So....check....life inventory list today=good!

After A While
Author: Veronica A. Shoffstall
After a while
you learn the subtle difference between holding a hand and chaining a soul
and you learn love doesn't mean leaning and company doesn't always mean security.
And you begin to learn that kisses aren't contracts and presents aren't always promises
and you begin to accept your defeats with your head up and and your eyes ahead with the grace of a woman, not the grief of a child.
And you learn to build all your roads on today because tomorrow's ground is too uncertain for plans and futures have a way of falling down in mid-flight.
After a while you learn that even sunshine burns if you get too much
So you plant your own garden and decorate your own soul instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers
And you learn that you really can endure, that you really are strong and you really do have worth and you learn and you learn
With every goodbye you learn.

2 comments:

  1. You are so awesome to volunteer at Special Olympic events. You are such a sweetheart- I bet you were a favorite to many participants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey it's your cousin Tanner, I love your blog ! you should check mine out at TannerOblogspot.com

    ReplyDelete